Habemus Papam

When I was a child, I would make my nice little list of all I wanted for Christmas. Then, Mama would end up buying gifts not on my list that were better than those I thought I wanted. Today, after that dear man who was not even on my radar, walked out on the balcony, I felt like I did as a child on Christmas morning.
I was so excited to see the white smoke, but the tears didn't come until I saw him stand there on the balcony, obviously humbled by the task before him as he looked at the immediate sight of the faithful of St. Peter's Square gathered before him.   That long pause.   His request to first pray for our Pope Emeritus, then asking US to pray for HIM.   Thanks be to God, for our new Pope Francis, the Servant of the Servants of God, our new Papa!



A quote shared on Facebook from  Cardinal Bergoglio, now Pope Francis:
 

Cardinal Bergoglio's words:
“In our ecclesiastical region there are priests who don’t baptize the children of single mothers because they weren’t conceived in the sanctity of marriage,” Bergoglio told his priests. “These are today’s hypocrites. Those who clericalize the Church. Those who separate the people of God from salvation. And this poor girl who, rather than returning the child to sender, had the courage to carry it into the world, must wander from parish to parish so that it’s baptized!”

Bergoglio compared this concept of Catholicism to the Pharisees of Christ’s time: people who congratulate themselves while condemning others.

“Jesus teaches us another way: Go out. Go out and share your testimony, go out and interact with your brothers, go out and share, go out and ask. Become the Word in body as well as spirit.” 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First & From Without

Master Bedroom Challenge: {pretty, happy, funny, real}

The Nuts & Bolts of Easter