First Look: HENRY V

So, my day  has been further made.   Today, the BBC released the first clip from their upcoming production of Shakespeare's HENRY V.   It's part of the Cultural Olympiad, as part of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.   Did we have a cultural olympiad here when we last hosted?   There will also be a production of HENRY IV released this summer.

The first time I read HENRY V was in my university British literature course.   I fell in love with the play.   My professor was a Shakespeare scholar, so it was a wonderful experience.   Then, we met outside of class and watched Kenneth Branagh's HENRY V.   It is still one of my favorite films and I watch it often.   Sometimes, I just watch the clip of Henry's St. Crispin's Day speech, one of my favorite excerpts from literature.  


We also watched a clip from Sir Laurence Olivier's HENRY V.   It was filmed during WWII to boost the morale of the nation.



Branagh's HENRY V is the definitive portrayal for me, but I am looking forward to this new production that features the talented British actor, Tom Hiddleston, as the young warrior king.    I may have to have two favorite versions now.   Plus, I'll definitely buy this as soon as it's released in the UK, rather than waiting for it to be aired in the US!

Here's the first clip from the upcoming HENRY V:

http://youtu.be/dF1MrdxQsW0



Cry 'God for Harry, England and St George'!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First & From Without

Master Bedroom Challenge: {pretty, happy, funny, real}

Our Schooling Journey--The Dry Version